DRDO was formed in 1958 from the amalgamation of the then already functioning Technical Development Establishment (TDEs) of the Indian Army and the Directorate of Technical Development & Production (DTDP) with the Defence Science Organisation (DSO). DRDO was then a small organisation with 10 establishments or laboratories. Over the years, it has grown multi-directionally in terms of the variety of subject disciplines, number of laboratories, achievements and stature.
Dr S Christopher (Chairman, DRDO and Secretary Department of Defence R&D)
Employees: 30000 Plus
Company Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
Primary Line of Business: Research Services
Area Served: India